Want to get your company in front of potential customers? A key approach to this is to give them information that interests them, but how will we know that? Today we are going to discuss 5 ways to help you determine the type of content your customers are looking for. This will help you to improve your content and attract your target market.
1. Just Ask! – Often businesses assume that they know what their online community wants to hear from them. Why not check by asking them directly. You may learn something that might surprise you. Create a survey with a list of topics that you think will be of interest to them and analyse the feedback. Your survey can be promoted on your site, newsletter and social networks.
2. Check your Blog/Info Centre Pieces – Analysing content performance i.e. the most popular piece, the highest amount of click throughs fro a piece and or any positive or negative comments on a given piece, can help you establish key areas of interest. Writing more content on these areas will appeal to your target audience.
3. Interact on Social Platforms and ask Questions – Ask questions to anyone in your online community. This allows you to receive direct feedback. Keeping questions simple by providing multiple choice answers or one word responses encourages people to provide feedback.
4. Check Newsletter Click Throughs – If your business has an email newsletter, this is another great resource for getting insight into what people really want regarding content and information. Most email services including Constant Contact and MailChimp allow you to track the clicks from your newsletter to your site and blog.
5. Check your content for it’s Social Media interaction & activity – For example when your Twitter community retweets a particular piece it to their own following, the likelihood is that this content created an interest and was effective. Same goes for likes and shares on Facebook and LinkedIn. Utilise insights and analytics to track your most popular pieces and use this as a basis to focus more content at the most successful topics or area’s.