Search engine optimisation, also known as seo, is the task of ensuring that your website and its content is optimised to afford it the best possible chance of ranking well in the search engine results pages (SERPS). Seo services were seen as the preserve of techies and search engine optimisation experts, and best left to them, and this may have been true a number of years ago.
- A permalink structure and internal links within your website.
- The web pages title tags and the h1, h2, and h3 heading tags.
- Alternative tags for your images.
- Inclusion of highly searched keywords and phrases in your page content.
- A relevant description of what your page is about without the common technique of keyword stuffing which is considered an unethical search engine optimization technique.