Having Google Analytics set up on you website is imperative to obtain details statistics about visitors, check out article ‘5 Ways to make Google Analytics Benefit You’ for further information on this. The setting up of Google Analytics Tracking Code is extremely important as if it is not carried out correctly your website may not be tracked or provide incorrect data. The first step in setting this up correctly is getting the tracking code.
Please follow the below steps to obtain your tracking code from within your Google Analytics account:
1. Log in to Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics
2. From the Overview page, select the account that has the profile for the tracking code you’re looking for, as the code is profile-specific.
3. Select the profile from the accounts Overview page.
4. From that profile’s Actions column, click Edit
5. At the top right of the ‘Main Website Profile Information’ box, click Check Status
6. Your tracking code can be copied and pasted from the text box in the Instructions for adding tracking section
To view a demo on where to find Google Analytics Tracking code here